Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Fall

I am sad to see Summer go because it was a good one this year as I got to do a little more than usual with my family and in the garden. However I am very much looking forward to the Fall. I like the Fall because of the cooler weather, Halloween (my favorite holiday) and the start of the football season. I always take off from work for Halloween and I try to cram in as many horror movies as I can during the month of October. The only real bad thing about Fall is when the times change rolls around because then I can't get outside with the kids when I get home from work. I think that I like all of the seasons to some extent except that in Maryland spring doesn't always really happen as oftentimes it just kind of goes straight from winter to summer. To squeeze music in here, I remember several years where the best releases of the year seem to come out at the end of the year rather than in the summer. Also I guess that I get to hear a little more music in the Fall as I may be inside a little more.

4 Comments:

Blogger On My Watch said...

Autumn is my favorite time of year, but unfortunately sometimes the cooler temps don't arrive around here until late December. maybe. :)

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fall is a welcome break from the Summer heat but it keeps us from spending weekends outside when the weather gets colder This year my oldest daughter discovered badminton and we have had competitions that last hours.

I also take Halloween week off. My oldest's b-day is Nov 2 so a party is usually in there somewhere. Alice Cooper comes thru the area and there's always trick or treating. I like to get in the Halloween and Friday the 13th movies in if I can. Remember when horror movies were actually made? where are the good characters like Jason, Freddy, and Michael Myers?

Looks like this Fall there are a ton of new albums: Mastodon, UFO, Quiet Riot, Krokus, Paul Stanley.

10:53 AM  
Blogger BeckEye said...

I love Fall too. And Halloween. Have you been watching "A Haunting" on the Discovery Channel? They usually have a new episode every Thursday night. Cool stuff. Discovery, TLC and the Travel Channel usually have all the best Halloween-type programming. I may miss the latest Haunting tonight because it's competing with the NFL season opener. GO STEELERS!

3:39 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I am so ready for the cool weather.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home