Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Number six

My top ten hard rock/metal albums of 1987 moves on to number six. It is...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Helloween-Keeper of the seven keys part.1

The band signed to RCA records and Michael Kiske was recruited to be the new singer while Kai Hansen stepped back into just playing guitar for the band. The style was a change as well, but it was a good change. The new album soared and Kiske's strong range allowed the band do more than they previously had. Unknown to them, the style they started here would be a huge influence on the genre we now know as power metal.

Now we move into the elite group, the top five. The hint for number five is that many copies of this album sat in a warehouse for a year due to problems with the distributor.

5 Comments:

Blogger T-_Bone said...

I really like this record. This and Abigail were my favorite metal albums of 1987 for sure.

5:40 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Back then I liked this one and its sequel. While Part 2 hasn't held up for me, this one still has.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

t-bone-Glad to see you back. I actually had this one higher back then. It was probably about a three at one point, but there were other albums that grew on me more over the years.

Bob-I still like both a lot and prefer the second one.

No one has a guess for number five? I will give a second hint that might help. The band at number five is a trio.

12:57 PM  
Blogger DPTH International said...

Helloween is a band I've never heard much by. I've heard plenty of bands strongly influenced by, but have yet to check out the source. This is one of the albums I have been eyeing lately though.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Fabrulana said...

Kickass album this Part 2 was great as well

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home