Saturday, March 28, 2009

Top five albums of 1975

Photobucket

Here they are.
1-Black Sabbath-Sabotage
2-Led Zeppelin-Physical Graffiti
3-Aerosmith-Toys in the attic
4-Rush-Fly by night
5-KISS-Dressed to kill

"Sabotage" is the last of the great Sabbath albums with Ozzy at the helm. It's also overlooked at times and in many ways perhaps the band's most progressive and ambitious effort. It's a shame they didn't follow up on this style. "Physical Graffiti" is Zeppelin's last really good album. "Toys in the attic" is a fantastic release and in some other years in the decade it could have been the top album. "Fly by night" was the first Rush album I heard and still one of my favorites. "Dressed to kill" is my favorite album from KISS. So another fine year. I'll have my top five for 1974 out next week.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I don't think I could have made a better list myself. good call. can't wait for 1974. You should put links to all these lists on your main blog page, that way people can find them more easily. I still think I may have missed one or two.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sans the Zeppelin, good list.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home