Thursday, November 25, 2010

What's coming up?

In the next week I hope to have out reviews of the latest from Bison B.C., Earthride, Issa and The Ocean. Also I hope to have out another Clash of the album covers and a Battle of the bands. It's also time for me to begin working on my end of the year awards. I will be coming up with my top 25 albums of the year, top 5 re-issues/re-releases plus best and worst album covers. I'll have to bring out my calender and check, but I'll devote the third week of December to these awards because I like to do my top album countdown at a rate of five per day then I'll do the re-issues on a day and the top and bottom album covers on the same day. I have done a top 5 worst albums of the year list before, but to be honest 2010 has been such a good year that I could not come up with more than maybe 3 albums from this year that I didn't like so I don't have to do one of those lists this year and that's a good thing. Figuring out my top 25 albums is going to be a tough task. I know my top right off my head, but the other twenty spots is pretty open and there are lot of good releases to choose from. So I really need to get at it and figure it out. It's tough to narrow choices down, but fun to give credit to those that deserve it.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I have to say I won't be doing my 25 Immaculate Receptions since I went away for a couple months and it's unfair to whomever released albums in that timeframe I missed out on, but I'll do a friendly batch of favorites for the year with Enslaved gaining my metal album of the year

5:43 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Wow, Ray way to build up the suspense on your top album of the year.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home