Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween listening-A list

Photobucket

I took the kids for trick or treating at the mall last night. I needed some music for the holiday to take for listening to in the car so I brought my Misfits boxed set with us. I have been watching horror movies more in October because of Halloween, but I have not gearing my listening for the holiday. in previous years I have done, but so much this year. I still have a few days then to squeeze in some Halloween type heavy music. Here is a list of 13 I hope to pull a few from.

1-Iron Maiden-The number of the beast
Not like I need an excuse to listen to this album because I play it all the time.
Still some horror themed songs on it and it always makes me think of Halloween.

2-Halloween-Don't metal with evil
An obvious choice and it has some holiday themed songs.

3-Hallows Eve-Tales of terror
My favorite of theirs.

4-Helloween-Keeper of the seven keys part 1
Maybe just for the one song, but still an album I think this time of year.

5-Mercyful Fate-Don't break the oath
Definitely a mood setter.

6-King Diamond-Abigail
You always need a scary story.

7-Grim Reaper-Fear no evil
Any would do, but I'll pick this one.

8-Misfits-Walk among us
More Misfits, their best single album.

9-Samhain-Initium
Not as fun as the Misfits, but almost as cool.

10-Saint Vitus-s/t
Some great doom is good for this of year.

11-Overkill-Feel the fire
This one always has me thinking of this time of year.

12-Ozzy-Diary of a madman
Back when Ozzy was worth listening to.


13-Black Sabbath-Volume 4
Toss on an old classic too.

***Feel free to add your list.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TRICK OR TREAT by FASTWAY is a great HALLOWEEN type of record.
Also the song HALLOWEEN by IRON CROSS (USA) is amazing.
LIZZY BORDEN and ALICE COOPER are cool for HALLOWEEN too.
René.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home