Thursday, July 26, 2012

Melvins Lite-Freake Puke



Ipecac

2012



My first run in with the Melvins came by way of "Honey Bucket" on a mix tape. Mix tape you say? If your too young then ask your parents. I'm almost positive it was my old friend Mike Myers from my old McDonald's days. After that little slice of love I tracked down not only "Houdini" (sinister album by the way), but the band's earlier releases. With the Melvins it seems it is a love 'em or hate 'em group. Guess the same can be said for a lot of groups like that who live on the fringe of society (Butthole Surfers anyone?). Melvins Lite is pretty much the Melvins. The line-up for what it's worth is King Buzzo (Guitar & Vocals) , Dale Crover (Drums & Vocals) and Trevor Dunn (Standup Bass & Vocals), but the song remains the same. Crover might not be an original member of the Melvins (if memory serves me correct that is), but he has been around a long, long time with King Buzzo so it is what it is. Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, etc) just adds his only little "twist" to this side-project and suddenly "boom" you have some interesting but oh so familiar. What it comes down to is that I could give you a long list of reasons why you, as a Melvin fan, should get this. Really though I will just say that if the Melvins and other sorts of similar acts butter your toast as it is then grab this project. You won't be disappointed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home